We are looking for an experienced Permitting Coordinator / Manager with an excellent technical and environmental understanding of all disciplines to provide support to our project.
To perform permitting related activities of the Company and ensure that required regulatory documents for our existing operations and upcoming projects are obtained and meet regulatory requirements.
To continue to develop a strong relationship with all authorities and company local communities.
To ensure engagement between the appropriate stakeholders throughout the permitting process as well as dissecting the permit obligations to the appropriate responsible stakeholders once the permits are issued.
To support due diligence projects and other special projects.
To deliver permits and authorizations on time and within budget and serve as a liaison representing company in front of authorities, consultants, and stakeholders.
- Ensures that Company is in regulatory compliance for new and current projects, regarding obtaining and retaining all permits required to carry-out the company’s activities.
- Prepare permitting strategies by identifying and execute on key permitting processes.
- Prepare milestone schedules and budgets requirements to complete permitting and compliance on projects. Keeping track of various milestones / reviews and keeping Company Management informed on deadlines.
- Keep Company Management updated on the status of all permit applications and any changes to the regulatory and permitting requirements.
- Liaise with authorities and community groups to implement the permitting process.
- Manage regulatory process for obtaining all the permits necessary.
- Liaise with technical staff to track issues, correspondence, submissions and replies relating to regulatory matters and obtaining technical information re the project/activities to be performed.
- Reviews and make all corrections to various forms, applications, memoranda, studies, reports and plans for completeness prior to submission to insure specific requirements of each authority/for each permit have been met.
- Reviews regulatory acts to avoid any inaccuracy with the submitted data.
- Support the presentation memorandum preparation and prepare notification for obtaining environmental permit;
- Prepare presentations for internal and external meetings;
- Participate and facilitate the meetings regarding Company projects like, but not limited to: technical environmental analyses committees, public debates, county councils, status meetings.
- Organizing meetings with different authorities and stakeholders and take meeting minutes; keeping a good record of all documents and issues arising in relation to contact between the Company and the authorities and other relevant stakeholders.
- Keeping an up-dated list with all stakeholders for the permitting process.
- Monitoring of regulatory activities in projects schedule and review of duration and activities.
- Proactively identify changes in scope of work and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken. Flag additional approval requirements to the Line Manager.
- Ensure compliance to permitting planning & progress monitoring / reporting.
- Proactively assess and analyse with the team any risks and issues that may compromise project team performance and results and develop plans to remove or mitigate them. Maintain risk and issue logs for Permitting activity.
- Providing management information reports on weekly basis for Permitting activity.
- Serve as a primary regulatory point of contact for assigned permitting projects.
- Stay updated on permitting legislation and communicate to Company Management and reflect on scheduling process all changes
- Identify, scope, and manage contractors and consultants to support assigned project permitting activities.
- Review and provide input on ESIA/ESAP/ESMP documents to ensure proper, clear and correct information.
- Support procurement requests regarding regulatory clauses.
- Regulatory updates on Company documentation with Document Controllers.
- Participate in establishing specific environmental objectives preparation and environmental management plan;
- Identifies environmental legal and other requirements applicable and update into the legal requirements register and communicate to all company staff;
- Prepare and issue environmental procedures, programmes, plans according to applicable legal and ISO 14001 standard requirements;
- Identifies environmental aspects in cooperation with process owners;
- Identifies monitoring requirements as per environmental permits and coordinate actions to comply with;
- Identifies training needs on environmental protection and submit them to immediate manager in order to be considered in training plan;
- Assess and prioritize identified environmental aspects and prepare the list of significant environmental aspect register and submit to HSE Manager to be approved;
- Perform waste management activities to comply with legal requirements (e.g. identify the waste types resulted from processes, assign codes for different waste categories resulted from processes together with process owners;
- Consolidate the data received from site related to types and quantities of waste managed and prepare the documents for waste management as per applicable legal requirements;
- Performs internal inspections and audits regarding environmental aspects and inform direct management about any nonconformities observed during audit; Distribute audit documentation as required;
- Ensure relation with Environmental authorities and other interested parties during audits and inspections;
- Provide environmental consultancy to staff involved in Integrated Management System processes, to ensure compliance with environmental legal requirements, standard requirements and Management System documentation.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION:
- Minimum qualifications include a bachelor’s degree in environmental science, natural resources, biology, ecology, or related field, and 10 years of post-degree experience;
- Additional environmental training courses in environmental protection field (e.g. Environmental Responsible; Waste Management Responsible, ISO 14001 Internal Auditor, Spill Response, etc.);
- Good command of English. Computer and MS Office (Word / Excel). Document Database Tracking System skills required;
- Knowledge of Romanian, European and International legal requirements in environmental protection and energy efficiency;
- Excellent verbal communication and technical communication skills are mandatory;
- Able to work independently and as part of a diverse team is required;
- Well organized and detail-oriented meeting deadlines and requests;
- Strong ability to prioritize, organize, and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously;
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude working under aggressive schedules;
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports, procedures, correspondence, and other written materials is required;
- Availability to travel on diverse location (including offshore) based on requirements.
Terms and conditions:
- Permanent position
- Location: Bucharest
- Availability to travel to Constanta frequently
- Start-up date: asap
- Offer: good salary, medical services subscription and life and accident insurance